Re: Berlina Fuel Pump Fuse

On Thu, 12 Sep 2002 10:29:16 -0700 (PDT) Damian Magista <magista@domain.elided> wrote:
> Ok, down to brass tacks. Why would the fuel pump fuse be drawing so much
> current? Is the fuel pump crapping/crapped out? Or is there a short in
> that
> particular circuit? The car drives fine for about 5 or 10 minutes before
> it
> blows the fuse again.

when i started intermittantly seeing the fool pressure light on my 74 GTV,
on the advice of the folks at Alfas Unlimited, i replaced the fool filter
in the rear. instantly, the indication cleared up.

i'd think that a sufficiently clogged fool filter might do it; a bad ground
might also cause the current draw to rise up.

those are two cheap and easy things to fix; there is a common napa filter
that doesn't cross reference, but works perfectly well in my GTV. i can't
find the number right now, but if you need it, i'll dig it up.

richard