I do like your suggestion of getting the digest in individual message format. I use Eudora as my email client, and it has some great filtering features, and I can even create a separate mailbox for digest mail. I'm switching over tonight. Thanks for the push in the right direction.

Regards,

Dean

At 09:34 PM 9/11/2002, you wrote:

Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 18:19:48 -0700
From: "Tony Sims" <simstony@domain.elided>
Subject: <WOB> deliverance, and other thoughts

Hallelujah, I have seen the light!  I changed my subscription to the digest
from the "bulk" method to the individual message version.  This is great!
Based on the subject listed, I've had about a 90% success rate in deleting
stuff I don't want to read.  I wish I had long ago recognized that this was an
option.

Any interest out there in adopting the <WOB> subject for messages not of
direct Alfa content?  I know Richard has set up and off-topic list, but things
like the ongoing SUV rant make it obvious that some people are going to insist
on continuing these discussions.  It would be a great service to the group at
large if people would put <WOB> (for Waste Of Bandwidth) at the beginning of
the subject line on messages that are not specifically Alfa related, then
those of us who would like to skip the rants can use a filter.

I think it is very useful when people list a car name or reference in the
subject line too.  If the subject includes "164" or "Milano" or "Spider", it
lets others know the subject of the posting, so they can choose to jump in and
help or delete and move on, based on their interest.

Back now to the previously scheduled discussion of when Alfa will bring an SUV
to the US market...

Tony
Portland, OR
1 rusty Italian car