Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 15:22:26 -0400

From: dsedon@domain.elided

Subject: alfa's return to the usa...

hi all,

re: alfa ever coming back to the usa, bottom line is *who cares*? face it,
how many of us on this list really care about whether or not alfa ever sells
another car in north america? we can fool ourselves - but the bottom line
is, if in 2007 (or whenever?), alfas are sold here, the only ting we'd be
gettin' that's different from any other passenger car here, is the emblem on
the grille. and, if yure lookin' for exclusivity that doesn't come
w/someting like a bmw, mercedes, jag, audi, etc., forget it - if that were
to happen, it wood only mean that alfa's return was a grand failure, &
they'd again be gone, *much* faster than it took 'em to come back.

wake up, everyone, NO ONE makes cars now, that cater to people who actually
enjoy DRIVING. my 164? (which is now a 14-yr-old design, btw) well, it's
yust a camry, w/a much nicer-sounding engine... do i like it? sure, it gives
me the exclusivity that doesn't come w/the other cars out there, & it gives
me fond thoughts of my gtwe6,& milano. :>) (which some folk say have awreddy
lost that real alfa feeling!) anyone who tinks different, is yust deluding
themselves w/fond memories of alfas past...

your mileage will NOT vary,

dug seed in