Kit Cars....

I've thought about an Alfa-based kit quite a bit.  I've thought someone could do well to sell a version of the Zender Progetto Cinque that used 116/119 chassis components.  Alternatively, for 105/115 chassis cars, I've been intrigued by the triumph-based Spyder Corsa kit (see it at the rather sparse website http://www.wizard-websites.com/index_a/spydercorsa/body_spydercorsa.html ).

The one thing both of these have in common would be a modicum of simplicity.  Both are open cars, with no provision for a top.  Likewise, you wouldn't need a defroster, wipers, heater, roll up windows, etc.  The Corsa Spyder doesn't even have doors.

Sylistically, I find the Zender to be a nice extension of the 750/101 style, with the grille and eyebrow-openings brought into the 90's.  The Corsa Spyder was inspired by the 1948 Ferrari 166 Spyder Corsa, but isn't a direct copy of any car.  It could easily be related to the 158/159 Alfettas.  Either way, it deserves an Italian powerplant...