Re: Alfa's return to the usa...

I wholeheartedly disagree. I have driven a 147, a diesel 156, and a V-6 156 extensively in Europe and I can attest to the fact that in spite of these cars being "wrong-wheel-drive" they are VERY MUCH drivers cars. The 147 I had last fall outperformed my GTV-6 IN EVERY WAY. The 156s I drove in Italy 2 years ago out-handled any Bertie I've ever driven with the possible exception of a race-prepared GTA. These cars are quick, the 156s are fast (even the diesel will cruise all day at 120 MPH+)

George Graves

On Wednesday, September 11, 2002, at 12:41 PM, alfa-digest wrote:

Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 15:22:26 -0400
From: dsedon@domain.elided
Subject: alfa's return to the usa...

hi all,

re: alfa ever coming back to the usa, bottom line is *who cares*? face it, how many of us on this list really care about whether or not alfa ever sells another car in north america? we can fool ourselves - but the bottom line is, if in 2007 (or whenever?), alfas are sold here, the only ting we'd be gettin' that's different from any other passenger car here, is the emblem on the grille. and, if yure lookin' for exclusivity that doesn't come w/someting like a bmw, mercedes, jag, audi, etc., forget it - if that were to happen, it wood only mean that alfa's return was a grand failure, & they'd again be gone, *much* faster than it took 'em to come back.

wake up, everyone, NO ONE makes cars now, that cater to people who actually enjoy DRIVING. my 164? (which is now a 14-yr-old design, btw) well, it's yust a camry, w/a much nicer-sounding engine... do i like it? sure, it gives me the exclusivity that doesn't come w/the other cars out there, & it gives me fond thoughts of my gtwe6,& milano. :>) (which some folk say have awreddy lost that real alfa feeling!) anyone who tinks different, is yust deluding themselves w/fond memories of alfas past...

your mileage will NOT vary,

dug seed in