Spider steering box looseness

The steering box on my '86 Spider with 86000 miles has some looseness in it.
The adjustment screw is as far to the right as it will go. It appears to be
up against a stop (and yes, I've backed off the lock ring and made certain
the adjuster is working freely.) I expect that the box is at the end of its
life. Or is it?
(I'd be happy to pay a fair price for a good one if someone has a spare.
Please email me.)