RE: Fuel pumps for converting from Spica to Dellortos

AJ Lindaman writes:
>Now, I have a couple more questions.  The setup I bought has a regulator,
>but I'm uncertain if it alone is enough to do the job of lowering the 60
>psi fuel pressure to the 2 psi I want.  Should I look for a second
>regulator, or is there a different fuel pump that I should use that would
>have a lower psi in the first place?

First the Spica pump puts out far lower than 60 psi, I believe it is closer
to 9-14 psi. Second, yes a single regulator will get you to the 2-4 psi you
need
for carbs, if you plumb it correctly. Mine is setup using a tee where the
regulator is off one branch of the tee and the pump pressure line is another
and the third is the fuel return. In my case the fuel return leg of the tee
is internally reduced in diameter, I believe, to maintain some back
pressure.

John Katos
West Dundee, IL USA