need advice on Aluminum flywheel

I have the opportunity to install an aluminum flywheel in my 74 GTV with Euro cams and performance head. The seller claims improved acceleration in the mid range. I have a couple of concerns about going ahead with the installation, however:

1) Will this flywheel adversely affect the driveability of the car? The seller is a bit hedgy on this point, and I'm afraid that getting off the line will not be as smooth as it is now.

2) Not to re-start the "shifting" thread, but I'm concerned that the engine's greater tendency to drop revs between gears will increase wear on the synchronizers.

Unjustified concerns? Anybody been there, done that? BTW, the seller wants about $700 for the flywheel, which seems like a lot for a chunk of light metal.

Thanks

Lee