re: Fuel pumps for converting from Spica to Dellortos

In AD V8 #1079 AJ Lindaman asked about converting from Spica injection to
carburetors:

>...The setup I bought has a regulator,
>but I'm uncertain if it alone is enough to do the job of lowering the 60
>psi fuel pressure to the 2 psi I want.  Should I look for a second
>regulator, or is there a different fuel pump that I should use that would
>have a lower psi in the first place?

The best approach is to replace the fuel pump with one that operates at the
right pressure and rate.   Get a cylindrical Bendix-style pump from
someplace like Racer Parts Wholesale and mount it under the car near where
the old pump was.  The cheaper, smaller solid-state pumps will also work
well enough for street applications.  When you're finished, you can sell
the original high pressure pump for a good price.  Some Spicista will be
happy to have it.

Dana Loomis