Re: minivan platforms (NAC, was SUVs)

At 11:58 AM +0000 9/4/02, alfa-digest wrote:
I was chatting casually with two educated people the other day, while on
holiday (twice I was asked if I was in the car business this vacation!) who
were surprised to hear that SUV's and minivans were classified as light
trucks so did not have to have any safety equipment installed. After a
brief discussion I enlightened them and confirmed that if a minivan was
unavoidable they should look for one based upon a car chassis like the
Honda Odyssey, not a truck based vehicle. They were the proud parents of a
new baby so this seemed to make an impact on them, (pun intended).
Aren't all minivans car-based?