Re: Camshaft Vent Question

>>...the pipe leading from the cam box went directly
>>into the old air plenum, and did not go through a separator of any kind...
>>just directly into the airbox.
>
>That's how the cars were assembled.  A rubber hose connected the stack on
>the right side of the cam cover to a nipple on the airbox.  There was no
>oil separator like on the SPICA-injected cars.  I don't know why it was
>thought to be necessary on the injected cars and not on the carbureted ones.
>
>> The other hose I was talking about leads directly from the intake manifold,
>>the rightmost part closest to the radiator, and headed into the old air
>>plenum. I might be wrong, but I don't think it has anything to do with the
>>camshaft cover....
>
>This one is to balance the vacuum takeoff for the brake booster at the rear
>of the manifold.

A bit late joining in, but: That is not the case on mine which is the stock
"Euro" Dellorto setup. From memory, the smaller diameter pipe from #1 inlet
tract goes up to the cam cover, attaching at the same fitting as the large
diameter pipe. The fitting on the cam cover has a large diameter outlet
facing rearwards for the main hose to the airbox, and a small diameter pipe
facing towards the RH side of the car for the small hose. I always assumed
that it was an oil drain from the breather.

Regards,

Mark.

Mark Battley
Auckland, New Zealand.