Dean W. Cains
Lutz, FL
'74 Spider Veloce

At 12:39 PM 9/9/2002, you wrote:

Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 07:04:16 -0400
From: ralphone@domain.elided
Subject: Front End Clunk

Hi All,

I'm trying to track down a front end clunk, the car is a 1974 GTV.  The
sound is coming from the drivers front and It feels like the clunk is
coming from the steering box?  This weekend I raised the drivers front
and found nothing loose.  I was able to re-create the sound by placing a
crowbar under the front upper control arm and lifting up.  This will
create the same sond I hear when I'm driving.  Unfortunatley the noise
sounds like the steering column is moving in the steering tube.  Is this
possible?

Thanks in Advance
Ralph DeLauretis