RE: gtv6 windshield

John Katos wrote:

"If the gaskets on both are O.K. then remove the cracked windshield with
the wrecking bar and a hammer being careful NOT to damage the gasket. On
the good windshield cut the gasket outer lip off and the glass can then be
carefully lifted out. This way you get one good gasket and one good glass
very quickly."

There are also two small metal stampings which are rivited to the inside of
the windshield frame, on the left and right side pillars.  I'm not sure what
they are for, but somewhere I read that these must be removed to avoid
damage to the glass on removal.  I didn't see how this could happen, but I
removed them anyway on my '82.  Possibly this only applies if you are trying
to save the gasket and the glass.  Anyone know more about these mysterious
items?

Dave J.
Island Lake, IL
1987 Verde