Put That 8" Channel Iron Away, Son -- You'll Put Someone's Eye Out!

Greg Hermann wrote:
>Never seen anything quite as funny as how much the vision and driving
manners of various (not a minority >there, so I can say it !!)
non-Caucasian drivers improved in San Francisco when I had occasion to
be there >driving my old IH 1300 4x4 (1 ton) flatbed (equipped with an
8" channel iron front bumper, frame mounted, of >COURSE,  which sits at
about the correct height to can opener the roof off of an econo box) . .
. .  The whole >experience was TRULY revealing . . . .

I write:

Never seen anything quite as fatuous as how much the lack of vision and
driving arrogance of certain (not a member of any group -- I'm an
individual -- so I can say it!!) non-Civility-possessing digesters
caused the tenor of the Alfa Digest to decline when I had occasion to be
there driving my old Gateway G6-300 (1 desktop) flatscreen (equipped
with a 26+ character keyboard, petro-chemical mounted, of COURSE, which
sits at about the correct height to can opener the roof off an uglo
post) . . . .  The whole experience is TRULY revolting . . . .

DANG!  Let's stay on the subject of Alfas, and more importantly, let's
not bash people who are different just because we can group them and we
want to vent bile from the dark corners of our hearts.  It's all too
easy and much too ugly.  Understanding and tolerance takes work.

I really dislike being preachy, but I'm not about to sit silently and be
thought to ascribe to this kind of trash -- actually offered up as
thoughtful observation!  I wish we Americans could remember what being
American is supposed to be about.

Doug (still thick enough to hope someday we all can play well with
others)
Richmond, Virginia (often associated with racial hate, but, hey, we
placed a monument of Arthur Ashe up there with the bearded generals)

[demime 0.99c.7 removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of dharris.vcf]