Spider differential oil and that sweeeet GTV 6 sound

Howdy,
    On the subject of towing, someone mentioned to be sure the diff is topped
off.  What is the general opinion about which brand and type of differential
oil to use for everyday driving in an 84 spider?

    Last night, while parousing Alfa websites, I ran across
www.g-site.com/alfaxtc and heard a fabulous engine running through first and
second gear.  The sound relates to the topic of putting a GTV 6 engine in a
spider.  I asked the "email handler" of the website if that sound was pulled
directly from the car shown in the photos, and was told it was not, **but**
that it was found on the internet labelled "Alfa Romeo 2.5 V6".  If any of you
are familiar with this .wav file soundbite, can you tell me if there is any
resemblance to an exhaust note attainable from the GTV engine?  Also, if any
of you have performed the V6 conversion to your own spider and can relate any
info, I would be most appreciative.  I've requested further info about the
conversion, and am quite anxious to learn more.

Greg
84 Spider