engine stand and for 2lt engine

I was wondering if a 2lt engine could easily be
mounted on a standard Harbor Freight Tools type engine
stand.  I seem to remember some people in the digest
talking about an adaptor that's required.
Also, what's the right spot to hook the hoist chain
for lifting the engine and tranny out of the car?

Thanks a lot,
Vangelis
Mountain View, CA
http://finance.yahoo.com