Spider aux. cooling fan, How long and what temp.?

This on a '85 Spider Graduate with A/C:

I have the factory service manual but am unable to find
any significant reference to the aux. cooling fan in
front of the radiator.

The car always runs 180 or cooler but occasionally the
aux. cooling fan will run after the car is shut down for
a very long time, like 15 minutes or more!  Once I shut
the car down and returned over 30 minutes later to find
the fan STILL on!  Of course this is in NC where it's
been well over 90 during the day.

The temp sensor is mounted on the radiator cooling fan
shroud.

Anyone know the specifications for this temperature
switch?  I assume there is no 'after-run' timer and it
is purely temperature-based.  Eventually the underhood
temperature after shutdown decreases to the point where
the fan turns off.

Of course the highest underhood temperatures are usually
immediately after shut down but the fan run time seems
excessive.  Anyone else had a similar experience?

Jeff