re: smog cops

At 6:57 PM +0000 8/24/02, alfa-digest wrote:
>Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 14:07:47 -0400
>From: bearbvd@domain.elided (Greg Hermann)
>Subject: Re: Smog Cops at it again in California...
>
>Doesn't much matter WHEN it takes effect, the entire concept of the bill is
>ludicrous, and trying to get rid of it is certainly a most worthy cause.
>Perhaps enough so to add Sacramento to the list of Californicated cities in
>need of nuclear assisted urban redevelopment !

Whoa! I must protest! We just happen to be infested with politicians here in Sacratomato we aren't all politicians. But perhaps to add a detonator to your nuclear device... I must admit I have a problem with the car collector community going off half baked EVERY time a car-related piece of legislation is proposed. I understand protecting our rights as classic car owners but I don't think this means we should deny all attempts at limiting pollution from internal combustion engines. (In fact, I encourage the guvmnt to limit emissions from cars... they aren't doing enough! Anyone who lives in CA or Houston or any other city with ozone alerts should agree). This issue came up in our own chapter when our president (a lawyer) passed on an "important" piece for the newsletter. It went on about how we must act NOW or lose our classic cars... yada yada yada. I dutifully published it. A member questioned it... he was worried how it would affect his car... he had read the actual wording on the state website and found nothing remotely applicable to collector cars. I passed on his question to the president. He replied, "I got it from the Cobra newsletter." He hadn't even checked it out... just passed it on as gospel. So before we all cry wolf too many times... it would be nice if calls for action really did apply to this community in a specific way. Just my two cents. You may send your B-29 up the valley now.

--
Michael Williams
Sacramento, CA, USA

69 Duetto