Smog Cops at it again in California...

Hello All,

  My name is Steve Richards and I am a new member in the Alfa Romeo
Association of California.

  If you have not been watching the California legislature and heard about
AB1058 later renamed in a late night session behind closed doors of the to
AB1493.

  What is AB1493?  The bill the our current Governor, Gray Davis, signed
allows for CARB (California Air Resources Board) to designate
fees/assessments to any California Vehicle that produces 3Green House
Gasses2 ie: Carbon Dioxide.  As the bill is written, any vehicle registered
or not, used on public road or not, is covered.

  Those of us who use Trucks, Van9s, Mini Vans, in our home life, jobs and
private are at immediate risk and affected by this legislation. It can end
up costing us more of our earnings in a time when our State and Federal tax
burden is too high already.

  I will have a original copy of the referendum to make copies of for those
who are interested in signing and passing them around.  We have 60 Days to
collect 419,260 signatures.

  Any help is appreciated...

  In particular if there is a printer that can make legal sized 2 sided
copies of the petition and is willing to donate some services please contact
me.  My info will be at the bottom of the page.

  For further inquires, please check out the following information.

 http://ss.ca.gov/elections/elections_j.htm#circulating <circulating
petitions including this one #967. (SA02RF0018)

 http://www.caldriver.org
 California Drivers Alliance
 Ron Prince
 714-899-3661