Re: 1982 GTV6's in the USA, and that "special" color combination

James Montebello reports having a 909 black metallic GTV6 which takes on a
brownish hue in strong light, but in weak light appears very dark gray; and
having been struck by how much 'blacker' a non-metallic '86 had seemed. My
ARI touch-up listing may be in error; it has 907 black metallic for the
82-84 Spiders, 908 black metallic for 82-84 GTV6s, and 909 black metallic as
having been used on some unspecified pre-1981 model. The '85-'86 blacks, for
which I do not have a number, were non-metallics and were called 'Jet
Black'.
It may be worth noting that Alfa has used several different blacks- 901,
905, 907, 908, 909, 910, 911, 913, 914, and 973, and that isn't including
any after 1988 when my interest in the new and nifty declined markedly. It
may help explain why some cars just seem 'different'-
The Alfetta gold he mentions does not ring any bells with my lists, but the
'nearly white ' seats could have been faded from the cream which was used as
upholstery on 1979 Alfetta Sprints with aubergine, red, or brown metallic
paint. The gold trim was never original, as far as I know; gold plating of
car trim has been a fad in some areas among certain social profiles, but I
imagine that is variable by regions. People who cherish differences often
seem to all want the same 'difference' - present company excepted, of
course.
Cheers
John (who tends to prefer muted colors)