Re: 1982 GTV6's in the USA, and that "special" color combination

In '82 I bought a new GTV6. It was metalic black with the blue interior. I ordered it and specified the exterior color but the dealer told me I had no choice as to the interior color. It was going to be blue. Period.

The first thing I did with the car was to dismantle it. I took off the bumpers, all the plastic trim, the inner fender splash panels, the trunk "carpeting," the door panels and sill plates. Then I took it to the rustproofer and directed the application. I had watched my Alfetta disolve before my eyes and was determined that it was not going to happen to this car. I sold it in '87 to buy a Spider and missed the GTV6 almost immediately. A few years later I found an '84 GTV6 in reasonably good shape, bought it and parked it. This year I sold the Spider and the GTV6 is undergoing resurection. I am reminded daily why I like these cars so much.

John