Re: 1982 GTV6's in the USA, and that "special" color combination

On Fri, 23 Aug 2002, John Hertzman wrote:
> ARI, not yet then ARDONA, published a touch-up paint list giving 501 red, 754
> silver metallic, and 759 grey metallic for 1981 (!) GTV6s and 530 red, 748
> silver metallic, and 908 black metallic for the 1982 GTV6. I have dirty brown
> '82 with the 908 sticker in the trunk, and that is evidently what
> twenty-year-old black metallic turns into. One of the other listers also had a
> brown 908 'metallic black' car, since crushed, so there were some around.

Interesting.  My '84 GTV6 is 909 black metallic.  In strong light, it
takes on a brown-ish hue, and in weaker light simply appears to be very
dark gray.  I once saw an '86 that was non-metallic black, and was struck
by how much "blacker" it looked.  Very nice, too.

As for distasteful color combos, my Alfetta coupe was originally gold, with
nearly white seats and a black/fake wood dash.  Some previous owner repainted
it a dark red (reasonably good job, too).  Were all of the emblems originally
gold, too?  (sprint veloce on the side and ALFA ROMEO on the back)

james montebello