Re: Sunday in Monterey

On Monterey Historics weekend, the day at the races is Saturday, and the day to see Alfas in an Alfa corral is friday at Quail Lodge in Carmel Valley for the 'Concorco Italiano', reputed to be the world's largest Italian car gathering. Last Friday there were probably 100 Alfas on the field as well as what seemed to be every Ferrari ever manufactured countless Maseratis, Lamborghinis, Lancias, Fiats, Abarths, De Tomasos, Isos, Bizzarinis, and one Pegaso (!) Its really the conours to attend, rather than the stuffy Pebble Beach affair (not that it's not interesting, its just that one will see far fewer strictly Italian offerings there).

George Graves

On Tuesday, August 20, 2002, at 08:07 AM, alfa-digest wrote:

Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 17:45:00 -0700
From: "Boyar, Robin" <rboyar@domain.elided>
Subject: re:  Sunday in Monterey

I went to the Monterey Historics Sunday and marveled at how empty the Alfa
Corral, and the track in general, was. Not a lot of folks there.

Andrew, a couple of years ago I did both Saturday and Sunday at the Historics,
and it was
the same way... Saturday was busier-- perhaps because there's less to do. On
Sunday, I think
that people either go to Pebble or get an early start home.

Robin