gtv trunion alignment

Even after replacing all the bushings at the rear end
of my 73 gtv, the axle is still offset from the
centerline by about 15mm to the right.  What I mean by
that is that the right wheel hub is about 15mm further
away from the body of the car than the left wheel hub.
As a result, the right tire rubs on the inside of the
fender when the suspension is fully compressed under
load (fast left turns, uphill).  The left tire has no
such problems.  The car has 15" panasports with 205
tires which definitely make the problem worse but I
was wondering if there's any way to adjust the side to
side position of the axle.  I noticed in the parts
manual that there are shims at the trunion to body
attachment points.   Is that the proper way to center
the axle?  Do I pretty much have to take the whole
rear suspension apart again (drop the trailing arms,
remove the axle from the trunion)?

Thanks a lot,
Vangelis
Mountain View, CA