Re: monterey corral

>Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 15:19:13 -0400
>From: "Watry, Andrew (LNG-MBC)" <Andrew.Watry@domain.elided>
>Subject: Sunday in Monterey
>
>I went to the Monterey Historics Sunday and marveled at how empty the Alfa
>Corral, and the track in general, was.  Not a lot of folks there. Was
Saturday busier?  I think Sunday had the better cars on the track,

AFAIK, Saturday is always the big day for the Alfa corral. We had a pretty good showing this year. Still think, it may have been the smallest corral in years. This group needs a bit of energy to get going again. We had prewar Alfas on Saturday plus the 3000CM driven by Phil Hill. It looked pretty damn good under his pilotage. Evidently a lot of Alfas got bumped from racing the track this year to accommodate all the Corvettes. There was a real shortage of GTA's/spiders in the paddock.

Hopefully we'll have a better year in 2003. I encourage all local alfisti to offer your assistance to make the Monterey Alfa Events better. Someone has to work on all the myriad details and some of these people are pretty tired of working alone!

--
Michael Williams
Sacramento, CA, USA

69 Duetto