1985 Graduate for sale by 2002 Freshman

Greetings Alfisti,

just back from the Monterey Historics Weekend. As usual my eyeballs hurt from looking at all that machinery.

I have a 1985 Spider Graduate for sale. It will go on eBay in a few days. Thought I'd give you all a shot at it first.

I've posted a few quick pics here:
http://alfanut.home.mindspring.com/spider85/index.htm

I'm selling the car for a good friend who has just left for UC Berkeley at the ripe old age of 32 so he needs the money... Mom and Dad aren't helping.

Engine has a rod knocking. It was being driven in high heat with low oil (and likely low coolant) when it overheated on a grade. After cooling down and restarting it exhibited a distinct knock. It then went on the hook home. Car hasn't been driven since so damage to crank may be repairable. Odometer shows 88k miles. Body is perfectly straight, rust free and has a nice white paint job which just needs some light polishing compound and a good wax. Canvas Top is six months old. Tear in driver's seat (vinyl). Trunk release cable broken, new cable supplied. Tires good.

Car starts and runs well enough to drive on a trailer. Price? As much as I can get to help my friend with his education. If I sell it via AD he gets it all. If I have to go through eBay I take a cut.

$2000.00

If you are interested or think the price is crazy then contact me.

Car is in Sacramento. You or your agents must come to pick it up. I am home most of the time so arranging that is easy. I will not help with any shipping arrangements (except for a fee;-)

--
Michael Williams
Sacramento, CA, USA

69 Duetto