RE: Mo' Superchargers, EFI & Twin Sparks

Biba,
You've touched on a new subject... emissions.

If you are in California, its unlikely that you'll pass emissions at all.  Not because the system is not capable, but you'd be hard pressed to pass the inspection.  My opinion would be that you could hide a supercharger easier than a turbo.

As for ultimate emissions, a supercharger wins, hands down.  You can have all the opinion you want, but I've run turbos, and having a big heat sink before the first brick hurts.  For normal testing, I'm not sure you would notice, but going for the lowest of low emission standards, I'm confident that I can make it with a supercharger.  With the current state of the art blower- very difficult.

On the computer note- Biba- there isn't that much to be afraid of.  Its still fuel, air, and spark.  But instead of changing jets, moving the fuel solenoid, or twisting the distributor, you put the desired numbers into a computer.  Read through how the computer calculates the fuel and spark, and go with it.

Jim and I both have a rough spark curve that should work pretty well to start with, and you'll have to do the fuel tuning yourself (but you did with SPICA and Weber, right?).

If you don't like any computers, well, there are a few systems out there that do not use laptops...

Eric Storhok
Core Emissions and Fuel Economy Team
Advanced Powertrain Engineering
(313)33x75011