Alfa Clutch kit / cheapness

BlankI had ordered a clutch kit from linea, but Olaf didn't have all the part
at the time, so I missed a great deal.
My Spider was on the lift and therefore I couldn't wait. I purchased a kit
from IAP - not the SACHS but never the less of good quality. It's installed
and works great, no telling how long it will last. When the mechanic installed
it, first and reverse were grinding badly. But I lengthened the travel in the
adjustement screw on the master cylinder less than a quater inch, which I
think only puts the pedal higher, now ALL gears engage smoothly.

Remember that I was having the shock and motor/trans mounts put in only. In
the end I ended up replacing the Clutch, clutch slave cylinder, starter, KYB
shoks, mounts. All parts I purchased from IAP, some of them with overnight
delivery. Labor totalled $600. I'm tryng to revive this spider on a budget -
however this really put me in the red for the rest of the year. You can call
me cheap for saving a few buck here and there but it all adds up. With what I
saved, now I can have the windshield fixed after it got hit by a rock on the
test drive back from the garage. Go figure.

TonyG

[demime 0.99c.7 removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of Blank Bkgrd.gif]