Stripped stud

Well, the stud on the oil-filter housing is stripped. I can only
get about one turn with the nut. I have the die but can't seem to get it
square to the stud and I'm afraid of cross threading it. And if I can't
get two nuts on I can't use the nut method to pull the stud and I can't
see using vice grips cause there doesn't appear to be much room.

HELP!!

Jon A Durham
256-722-8692