Idle too low on 91 Spider

Check for air leaks around the idle speed control motor on the rear of the
intake runners for the idle speed problem. Also check the hose for leaks
that may move and seal when touch the throttle.

When you checked the one way (check valve) valve did you check the rest of
the lines to make sure they where not plugged? If check all the line out.

Cordova Ralph
Ralph Fetsch
Cordova Tennessee
1991 Spider Veloce w/auto
1964 Giulia 1600 Spider

Hi all.  I appear to be having an idle problem with my Spider.  Once it gets
warmed up, the idle falls to around 500rpm and hunts up and down
continuously.  I check the car disc and checked the throttle switch
calibration which is correct.  If I apply just a touch of throttle while it
is doing this, it settles down to a nice smooth idle.  Any ideas on how to
adjust this?

Second question; If I screw the gas cap down tight after a fill up, a strong
suction develops in the gas tank.  It is so strong that the tank deforms and
pops back into shape when I unscrew the cap.  Because of this, I have been
running with the cap loose.  I checked the one way valve in the trunk and it
is free.  Any ideas on this one?

Thanks for any help,
Mike B

[demime 0.99c.7 removed an attachment of type application/ms-tnef which had a name of winmail.dat]