Re: Lower timing chain question

Ed Lutz asks:
------------------
Can someone tell me the service interval for the lower timing chain on a
2L? Also, how difficult is it to change? Looks like once the front cover is
off the chain could be removed but my service manual says the head has to
come off too. Any reason to pull the head to change the lower chain?

Ed

How would you get the front cover off without pulling the head? The timing
chains (upper and lower) should last the life of the engine.

Paul Irvine - Antioch CA
Project Alfa - http://home.pcmagic.net/pi