GTV WANTED !!!

In a message dated 08/07/2002 5:39:09 PM Central Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 11:41:45 -0700
> From: Dan Walker <dawnanddan@domain.elided>
> Subject: GTV WANTED !!!
>
> Greetings Alfisti !
>
> Well, my friend who was going to sell me his late fathers 69 GTV just
> informed me that his brother decided that he wanted the car for his son.

<snip>

> Dan Walker
> 67 Duetto argento
> ?? GTV to come
>
> p.s.:  I'm located in southern California near LA

       And the kid will wreck the car and another Alfa will be lost to
humanity.  A friend and I were discussing that you see lots of GTV's at
convention and Alfa gatherings, but you never see them on the street.  He
commented that the good ones were hidden away in garages and the drivers were
all written off by traffic accidents.  We know of two GTV's that bit the dust
recently due to rear end collisions.  That teen agers were driving is not
relevant as they were hit in the rear.
       Maybe my 74 GTV should stay in the garage, unassembled.  Lack assembly
will be a deterrent to my being tempted to risk it out there in the real
world.

Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City