Re: brake vibration on GTV6

On Wed, 7 Aug 2002 13:21:16 EDT Pottree@domain.elided wrote:

> In a message dated 8/7/2002 7:40:35 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
> owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:
>

> > I'm getting very comfortable with my new-to-me '86 GTV6 but the one
> > thing that bothers me is the brake feel.  When I brake medium-hard from
> > high speed, I get quite a bit of vibration through the pedal.  At low
> > speeds, it's quite smooth.  I'm used to a very solid, rock steady feel
> > so it bothers me somewhat.

>   Maybe your rotors are somewhat warped or scored or there is a
> little leak or bubble in your fluid line?  Anyhow, they are not supposed
> vibrate, just stop

i didn't reply when the first message came through, but now that i've
thought about it a little -- if there's anything loose or worn in the front
suspension, it could easily manifest itself as wobbliness under braking.
how tight are the wheel bearings? does anything move up there if you jack
up the front end and shake the suspension?

richard