brake vibration on GTV6

In a message dated 8/7/2002 7:40:35 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> I'm getting very comfortable with my new-to-me '86 GTV6 but the one
> thing that bothers me is the brake feel.  When I brake medium-hard from
> high speed, I get quite a bit of vibration through the pedal.  At low
> speeds, it's quite smooth.  I'm used to a very solid, rock steady feel
> so it bothers me somewhat.

I have never had that on the GTV6 brakes; they are pretty good (they were
good enough until I drove a 156 recently, but still fine considering their
vintage).  Maybe your rotors are somewhat warped or scored or there is a
little leak or bubble in your fluid line?  Anyhow, they are not supposed to
vibrate, just stop (whether or not you consider that essential, see previous
discussion of quip attributed to Bugatti and/or Ferrari).

Charlie
LA, CA, USA