164LS (and owner) bottoming-out

Graham,

My car: '95 164LS, 65K hard suburban miles. Original owner, stock wheels,
205/60/15 with 60%-70% wear, 32 psi, nothing ever done to the suspension and
no visible changes to height since new. One motor mount changed last year.

The car is parked in my driveway on a slight uphill slope and my exhaust
pipe is 5.5 inches from the ground (about an inch below the sump). It may be
a little less 5.5 inches on a flat surface, but you definitely have
something going on.

My exhaust pipe has a few dings on it from bad roads, but never anything too
dramatic. One of them was my fault for taking the car places where most SUV
owners fear to tread.

I would start with a look at the rear shocks. They may have been replaced
with something inappropriate.

Karl

The rear of my car sits very high for some
reason and the front is consequently quite low. There is a 4" gap between
the
top of my rear tire and the lip of the wheel well and slightly less than 2"
in the front, using 195 x 65 x15" tires all at around 80% tread, and 30 lbs
psi.
The clearance from the front air dam to street level is around 4 inches and
the bottom of the exhaust pipe is around 3.5 inches, or an inch below the
sump - which fortunately was not harmed.
As far as I know my engine mounts are fine although I doubt of they would
cause the frontal sag and raised ass end