Seals are just a few $ each, and I got mine from Don Ereminas. You can remove the pump easier by unbolting it from the filter housing, rather than by unbolting the filter housing from the engine. Use a 10mm socket with the outside ground thin. Don't forget to adjust the switch while you're in there. Clearance is 0.1mm or 0.040".

Regards,

Dean

At 05:01 PM 8/5/2002, you wrote:

Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 12:42:47 -0700
From: "Ian Lomax" <sfalfisto@domain.elided>
Subject: SPICA microswitch oil leak

Hey gang,

The Spider is running again, and is finally "nearly" leak free.  Before I
consider this project finished, I'd like to do my best to make it completely
leak free.  I've already replaced the first head gasket after it didn't seal
properly, and now the head is nice and tight.

One leak I can see is from the bottom of the microswitch housing on the
bottom of the SPICA pump.  Is there a gasket here that can be replaced, or
is the oil coming from somewhere else and just collecting on the bottom of
the microswitch?  It's not leaking from the SPICA filter, since I replaced
that gasket during the rebuild.

Any advice appreciated!

Thanks,
Ian Lomax