Supercharged TS - Project

In #991 Kelly McCrystle appears to have all the ingredients for a
supercharged EFI fueled Twin Spark engine, except the supercharger.

C'mon, surely someone has a supercharger just gathering dust which will
fit and work peachy keen. It's for a good cause. Deduct from your income
tax. (Don't call Kelly or myself should you get audited).

Got some interesting information from Jim Steck with three jpgs I
couldn't open. Am emailing him regarding where the jpgs go when you
click on them as well as if he's jake if I share the jpgs (assuming I
can open them).

While I appreciate Zamani's reply and suggestion of using a small turbo,
must admit a lot of it Really Is Aesthetics. Superchargers are generally
sexy, turbos aren't. I too hate stuff going across those nifty cam
covers, not to mention greatly increased underhood heat. However,
turning to page 108 in your Alfa Romeo Alfetta GT book by David Owen (we
all do have this on our bookshelf don't we?), Bell & Colvill (of East
Horsley) did a remarkable job, aesthetic wise, of converting Alfetta
GTV's with turbos. Not a clue how they actually worked.

*********
Okay, I have a rather childish fantasy. Not unlike the teenage female
who wants a really big wedding with a beautiful white gown, the church
filled with white roses, candles, and all that chick crap - what I want
to see is a Duetto / Round-Tail (even though I'm personally not
particularly a soft top person), with an EFI, supercharged, TS engine.
Both from the exterior and interior it looks pretty darn stock. True,
one can see the chassis stiffener and wind deflector from the outside
and the rollbar on the inside, but other than that (as long as one
doesn't lift the hood / bonnet)...

The couple, perhaps 25, or maybe they're 65, drive out to Willow Springs
on a delightful Friday night. They have a marvelous dinner at the very
nice restaurant (sorry couldn't find their business card) down the
winding round past Willow. Early Saturday they head for the track early,
make minor adjustments including changing their rollbar's configuration
from one which the top can be closed to one which will more completely
protect them in the event of a rollover, hook up the 5-point belts, plug
in another program for the EFI, add air to the tires, and head for the
hot pits.

Other than that, it's the same thirty something car they drove to dinner
the night before.

Do they win their class at the Time Trials? Maybe not. Then maybe they
get best overall time of the day.

Sunday night they return all as was and motor back to the Big City over
the hill.

'tis only a fantasy.

That said, get Kelly an appropriate supercharger!

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA