Adjusting Koni Shocks

I would like to adjust the rear Konis (red) of my 73
gtv to be a little stiffer and I was wondering if
someone could tell me what the proper procedure is.
The instructions at the koni site don't seem to work
for me.  I see two small holes on the flat top part of
the shock's moveable bottom part and I expected that
inside the dust cover of the top part there must be
something that engages on these holes when I push the
shock all the way up.  However I did not feel anything
engaging when I push the shock up and twist it.  Also,
is there any way to find out what setting the shocks
are currently in?

TIA,
Vangelis
Mountain View, CA