Spider headers/ AR Ricambi

    When building my 84 spider race car a few years ago, I bought an IAP header.  I returned it as the front of each header tube shrouded the front edge of each exhaust port about 1/8 inch.  IAP's comment was that they were good enough for street headers....  The Centerline header I saw at Convention had the same problem.  I am not sure what Vick Auto offers for headers.
    I bought the Shankle / AR Ricambi header which has larger tubes and fits nicely except it is almost impossible to get a wrench on the front nuts for each port to tighten them.  That may be why the IAP header tubes are offset on the ports.
    I am pleased with the Shankle header, so it should be worth the wait.  If you want high tech headers, check out Paul Spruell or Sperry or Jack Beck.  Jack can build you some super trick anti reversion headers.
    For a street car, the 74 and earlier and the late model Motronic exhaust manifolds are quite adequate.  They flow well and are quieter than tube headers.  Jack Beck offers to port out the early cast iron headers if you want to get really trick.  After that, have the headers and the head pipes HPC or Jet Hot coated for lower under hood temperatures.
Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City