Spider headers/ AR Ricambi

Honorable Adherents to the Secret Society of the Cross and Serpent;When I
did the valve job on my '78 Spider, I lost the smog pump, the cat, and
some associated equipment, so I thought the easiest way around the
problem would be to order a header from IAP, which I did, and, after
having installed it, found the fit to be grossly inadequate- the thing
hit the underside of the car so hard it would be impossible to assemble
anything downstream from it. SO, I returned it to them... no worries, and
ordered one from AR Ricambi. This item was backordered until late June.
It's now August, and they've not yet shipped it, and calls to their
number yield woeful tales of backlogs and misfilled orders from the
subcontracter who is (ostensibly) making the header for Ricambi.   My
question: (FINALLY)...should I continue to bide my time, waiting ever so
patiently for Ricambi to finally ship one of these things to my address,
or should I cancel the unit, and put on a pre-cat stock Spider exhaust
manifold(without the air inlet ports), which I understand are pretty
good, as stock units go? I'm not trying to build a race car or anything,
but we did do a stage 1 valve treatment, so I'd like to pick up every
pony I paid for.  Anyone with pertinent experiences, please lend me your
expertise. I'm getting tired of driving around with a faked-up, temporary
exhaust on my car. The old girl deserves better!Postscript- I've had to
muck about quite a lot of late with my other, non-Alfa rolling stock, and
I find myself occaisionally at the garage door in the wee hours, just
taking in the flowing lines of this Italian lovely.       Kindest
Regards,         Patrick Hood, NWARC