Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 21:16:48 -0700
From: Tom Hardy <trh-arch@domain.elided>
Subject: Retro radios

Somebody was looking for retro styled, or at least non-obnoxious audio
equipment recently.

If you go to Crutchfield.com and search for "shaft style" you will be
rewarded with one single item, a Kenwood KRC-2007 cassette receiver.
It's not the best but it does have one big knob on each side and some
decent sized pre-set buttons and a minimum of Las Vegas lighting.

There is also a place in Germany that sells classic Becker and Blaupunkt
equipment, but evidently you must be very patient in awaiting a
response:

http://www.koenigs-klassik.de/indexe.html

Tom Hardy
San Francisco