Re: spider speaker placement

"I bought 3.5" speakers instead of putting back the 5" ones (...) I do not
listen very much to the stereo.  I like listening to the ENGINE better.  But
my wife likes to listen whenever she's riding shotgun."

If you put in the 3.5" speakers, you (and your wife) definitely won't like to
listen to the stereo for long. At least not if you want to play music. This
speaker size is similar to the one in your bedroom clock radio. It may be OK
for listening to NPR news and sportscasts, but because it reproduces almost no
bass, listening to music will be very fatiguing. Just my .02 euro.

Sonny 91 164S Baltimore