where's the DIPSTICK!!!

 HI,

I have a Alfa Romeo 164, recently bought.  The gearbox seems to be hard to use, so I wanted to check the oil level of the gearbox.  However, as soon as I opened up the hood, follow all the direction of both manual I ran into the problem of inability to find the dipstick of the gearbox.   Can someone PLEASE help me.  Or give me a direction on where it is or how I can check the oil level, or perhaps fix this problem I have.

Thank you

Matthew

please e-mail me back at bebop52ndst@domain.elided