164 5speed input shaft bearing

Hello all,

I have a used 5 speed tranny for my 91 164 that i'm getting ready to install,
How can I tell if this tranny has the old or new style input shaft bearing?

and if it's the old style is replacing it a DIY job or must I take the tranny
to a shop?

I can't find any info in the CD nor tech bullitins

TIA

Curt Norheim
Huntsville, AL
91 164L 5/sp (gotta get running)
91 164 A/T (daily driver 184,000 miles and still runs great)
83 GTV6   (Need euro down pipes, cannot for the life of me get that stupid Y
shaped down pipe to seal properly)
81 Vespa P200E (nearing the end of complete resto)