164 gas fumes

Hey Richard,
seems i read a while back on the digest where someone was saying one of the
vent lines at the gas filler neck in the back was too long (line was below
tank level so it got fuel in vent line) or crimped ( i forget) and would cause
gas pump nozzle to shut off early before full tank, and to have gas fume
problems because of it. might wanna check in that area, could be letting fumes
out into trunk compartment and you'd smell it inside the car. hope this
helps.

snip..