Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 11:23:20 -0400
From: Eric Hambleton <EricHambleton@domain.elided>
Subject: Has anyone tried this?

Whilst waiting for the arrival of my Milano clutch parts, I disassembled a
spare GTV6 clutch assembly to inspect its condition. When I had removed it
from the shed I'd noticed an old Spider clutch plate lying around.

After I had the GTV6 plate in hand, I compared it to the Spider plate. They
appear to have the same physical dimensions and only *seem* to differ in the
splined shaft receiver. I also noted that the receiver section appears to be
removable by lifting the springs holding it in place.

So, this begs the question -- as the Spider plate is $40 cheaper than the
GTV6 plate and Milano/GTV6 clutch parts are climbing in cost due to scarcity
- -- has anyone ever successfully swapped out the center section of a clutch
plate?

Before I get called on the carpet for my musings, I'm *not* planning to
this! A new, correct plate is en route to me even as I write this. It would
be good info to know if we ever see $300 GTV6 clutch plates.

- - Eric Hambleton, Marietta, GA

  eBay auction ID : ejham_2001 (almost always have some 164 parts listed)