1991 164, fuel smell

our recently acquired 1991 164 has a bit of a fuel smell at times. my wife
found the posting by Jess Liao on the subject, and i inspected the lines
adjacent to the fuel injector rails, but they look pretty new.

i'm wondering where else would be good to check while trying to track this
down.

thanks,
  richard