Re: Car radio for a 105 GTV

on 7/12/02 1:03 PM, alfa-digest at owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided wrote:

> Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 00:51:14 +0930
> From: "Marjorie Richards" <mawrichards@domain.elided>
> Subject: Car radio for a 105 GTV
>
> Are there any Italian made car stereos that will look good in an Alfa 105?
> I am reluctant to install one as I want to keep it as original as possible,
> but when the engine is not running, it gets a tad boring.  Any suggestions?
> What I would be looking for would have dials or knobs instead of buttons,
> not too much fancy lighting, sounds great with some decent wattage.
> Anything exist that closely resembles this description?  What do you use on
> yours?  Please give me some suggestions even if it doesn't fit the above
> criteria.  I want to listen to something when the car is parked and the
> engine is off.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Mark

Can't give you any specifics, but I do know that there are a number of
companies which make "reproduction" radios for restorations. These 'look'
like period pieces but are, in actuality, modern high-power solid-state
designs which have CD or cassette as well as amplification for today's
modern speakers. A proper period radio for your 105 GTV would be something
like a Becker "Mexico." Its German, but it was pretty standard fare for
Jags, Alfas, Maseratis, and Ferraris of the era. I have seen a replica
"Mexico" but don't remember where or who made it. Try Yahoo.