GTV6 A/C Belt Removal

    My water pump has failed on my 84 GTV6 (judging by my receipt collection
from the PO, the pump has maybe 15k miles on it - ouch!).   This is my first
skirmish with a GTV6 water pump.   I'm in the process of removing the
numerous components that must come off before the old pump can be removed.
    I've loosened and completely removed the A/C belt "stretcher pulley"
(per Page 01-78 of the GTV6/Milano service manual).  As I've encountered on
some other cars,  even with the stretcher pulley completely loosened or
removed, there's not enough slack in the belt to simply slip it off of the
crankshaft pulley and compressor pulley (I've got the old York piston
compressor).  I'd just cut the belt, but I'll have the same problem when it
comes time to install a new belt (I have delusions of having a functional
A/C system someday).  Past experience suggests that if I get a longer
replacement belt, then the stretcher pulley will run out of travel before
the new belt is tensioned sufficiently.
    The manual is a bit vague about the crankshaft pulley, but it looks to
me that the outer A/C pulley is a split pulley that can be halved (the front
flange removed) by removing the three bolts that are on the outer face of
the pulley.  I've taken the bolts out, but the pulley halves seem corroded
together.
    Before I expend the effort of applying penetrating oil, rapping, and
prying (and before I possibly damage something), can anyone verify that the
three bolts do in fact hold the pulley halves together?  Or is there some
obvious solution that I'm likely overlooking?  Thanks.
Bert Neily
Raleigh, NC
84 GTV6