Re: Alfa 164 (from V8 #910)

"Rich Thorsey"  asked "... If I pick up another 164 what do we know about the
ability
to obtain parts and repairs in the future?"

My 164 S is the first Alfa I have owned while living in the US. I bought it
two years ago right after the Fiat/GM deal which I naively thought would make
parts more available. My mechanic tells me that getting parts through ARDONA
(Alfa Romeo Dealers of North America, the official source, located in FL) has
gotten more difficult than ever. I don't know whether they are gearing down
because they think that they will be replaced soon, or if it is just because
the models we are talking about are getting older and parts are hard to come
by even in Europe. Fiat is not doing well and the return of Alfa to the US in
2004 is in jeopardy. If they return under GM's auspices, I hope GM will see
the marketing value in helping to keep pre-GM Alfas running.

In any case, you should definitely get another 164. They are great cars and
only rarely need parts.
Sonny 91 164S Baltimore